H-nyms

 

Xoxo

Heat/light

Trax

Poesis

<

  <<

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

15.7.05 R v. r II  

My fattening, unfashionable Robert Lowell hang-up has drawn me to his recently published correspondence, which I learned of in the New York Review of Books. Perusing the NYRB archives, I dug up an old essay, & found a passage that struck me as (vaguely) relevant to my last post. "It seems plain," to Irving Ehrenpreis

that "The Nihilist as Hero" through its eloquent coarseness conveys one-half of the poet's ambition, while "Reading Myself" conveys the other, and that Lowell illustrates by his technique a yearning to reconcile art as process with art as product.

Hmmm; I'm already pondering a nightmarish Hegelian vision of music history after reading this ...

Ab ovo

Clix